When it comes to food, sometimes simple is best. Words that could not be more true when talking breakfast. I know that you’ve heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day (probably more times than you can count) but it is. It jumpstarts your metabolism and gives your body the energy that it needs to power through all that the day throws at you.
The main excuse I hear for skipping breakfast is that there’s “no time.” A valid excuse, if there wasn’t so many easy grab and go breakfasts out there. One of my favourite breakfast’s on a fly is Breakfast in a Mug. I know what you’re thinking, “breakfast in a mug!? What’s wrong with a bowl or plate?” Well before you knock it, you need to try it. I’ll admit, the recipe is a little more labor intensive than other in a pinch breakfasts (like a smoothie, homemade muffin or granola bar) but it’s so jam-packed with nutrients (not to mention, delicious) that I had to share.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
PS – You can learn all the benefits of this recipe’s ingredients, here.
Breakfast in a Mug
1 large tomato
2 medium eggs
- Boil some filtered water in a shallow pan.
- Once the water is at a rolling simmer, carefully drop in your first egg.
- When the clear liquid of the egg has turned white carefully crack in the second egg into your pan.
- While your eggs poach, finely chop the avocado and tomato and divide equally between two mugs.
- After around 3 minutes, lift the eggs out of the water with a slotted spoon and allow any remaining water to drip away.
- Add the poached egg to the top of the avocado and tomato mixture and enjoy!
- You can season with salt and pepper or your favourite hot sauce if you’d like.
Your email address will not be shared or published. Required fields are marked *