In French cuisine, a quiche is a rich and decadent baked dish made primarily with eggs and milk or cream in a pastry crust… which as you can imagine, typically makes them high in calories, carbs and fats. But not all quiches have to lead to a physique of Rubenesque proportions. This “lighter” version from Gourmet Nutrition is rich in protein and high in veggies, making it a winning combo that you don’t have to feel bad about eating. Top these delicious morsels with a little salsa or pesto, and you’re sure to bring a smile to your breakfast table. ????
Courtesy of Gourmet Nutrition
1/4c Chopped Red Pepper
1.4c Chopped Onion
6 large egg whites
1/4c Grated Swiss Cheese
5oz Sliced Turkey
3 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, except the salsa. Blend well on low.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with olive or coconut oil.
- Evenly distribute mixture into each muffin cup, filling each half way. This will allow room for the mixture to rise while baking. Avoid using the foam and try to distribute the liquid, cheese, meat and vegetables evenly.
- Bake until egg is cooked all the way through (approximately 20 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and cool. They will shrink, but don’t be alarmed.
- To remove quiches from muffin cups, slide spoon along entire circular muffin cup edge and then lift.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy!
Makes about 12 muffins.
Nutrition Breakdown (per muffin):