One of our lovely clients brought in some delicious date energy balls that she made two weeks ago and I ate four in one sitting… I could not help myself, they were so good. After my uncontrollable moment of pure gluttony, I sent that client a message asking for the recipe. She found it on detoxinista.com, and here it is.
Date Energy Balls
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 2 cups walnuts, or other nut/seed of choice **I used pecans, which I had soaked overnight, this helps make them easier to digest and improves available nutrients that you can absorb
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder to roll them in **Optional but highly recommended
- In a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the walnuts and coconut until crumbly. Add in the dates, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt and process again until a sticky, uniform batter is formed.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons, then roll between your hands to form balls. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then place in the freezer to set for at least an hour before serving. Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for an even longer shelf life
*Note: For a gourmet-looking truffle, you could also roll them in shredded coconut or cacoa powder before chilling!
Your email address will not be shared or published. Required fields are marked *