Prawns are a great alternative to chicken because, like chicken, they pair well with a variety of seasoning combinations. They’re also in-season right now so it’s a great time to grab them from your local fish market. 😉
This recipe comes from one of my favourite cookbooks, Gourmet Nutrition and pairs well with either a delicious cauliflower sauté, (stay tuned for that recipe) coconut rice or some stir-fried veggies. It’s also great as a side to grilled steak or salmon if you’re looking for something a little more substantial.
I made this super easy-to-prepare dish for my family the other night and both of my kids had second helpings… a testament to how delicious it is.
If you’re short on time, this is the perfect mid-week recipe for you, as it literally only took me 15 minutes to prep. My only recommendation is to make extra. I didn’t and immediately wished that I had because there were no leftovers… ahh the joys of being a mother of two growing boys.
Hope you enjoy it!
Garlic Sautéed Prawns
Makes one serving
6oz raw prawns, peeled
1/4tsp chili powder
1tbsp coconut oil
1tsp fresh garlic, minced
2tbsp orange juice
- Season the prawns with the chili powder and salt.
- Preheat a cast iron frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the oil and seasoned prawns and sauté until just cooked through and lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Add the orange juice and serve.
Based on recipe being divided into 2 servings