Since opening BIM 3 years ago I’ve noticed a common problem in the health and fitness industry, and that problem is fear.
To be more specific, I’m talking about a fear to start or stick with a fitness regime.
This fear is perpetuated by fitness marketing…
- The ripped physiques
- The men and women flipping tires and lifting ridiculous amounts of weight
- The scantily clad greased up bodies
- The massive tubs of protein powder with names like, MEGA MASS!
It’s no wonder people are afraid.
Somewhere along the line “fitness” became less about health and more about getting JACKED.
Now there’s nothing wrong with wanting to get “jacked.” Let me make that clear. If that’s what you’re striving for, great. My only word of advice is to make sure that you do it safely – which is the same basic advice I give to anyone working towards a body composition change.
I am however saying that this sort of marketing creates a perception in people’s minds of what it means to workout and follow a nutrition plan.
A perception that instills fear… especially if you have NEVER worked out before.
I’ve heard it a number of times from new clients who were nervous to start training at BIM because they genuinely believed they would…
Have to do exercises that were beyond their abilities.
Train almost everyday, even at ridiculous hours.
Eat food that tasted horrible.
Stop going out for dinner or spending time with friends.
And basically completely overhaul their life.
But here’s the truth…
You don’t have to lift more weight than you’re comfortable with to lose weight or gain muscle definition.
You don’t have to drink chalky protein shakes or eat dry chicken and kale to cut your calorie intake.
You don’t have to workout everyday (or to the point of pass out) to achieve your weight goal.
You don’t have to stop doing the things that you love to get the body that you want.
You do however have to make the decision to make a change.
If you’re unhappy where you’re at, recognizing that is the first step. The second step is doing something about it.
No matter your goal, that simple fact DOES NOT change.
The only person who can make a change is you. HOW you make that change is also your decision.
If you’re not happy with your body and looking for a program that will give you the support that you need to start working towards your body transformation goal, I highly encourage you to apply for our fall weight loss challenge.
- Starts whenever you’re ready
- Won’t leave you feeling broken
- Will help you shed excess weight
- Will jump-start your metabolism (so you can burn calories WELL after you finish your workout)
- Will help you tone and build strong, lean muscle
- Will teach you what food to eat and when
- And will give you the coach support that you need to not only stay motivated and accountable to your goal, but also ensure that you’re progressing and reaching targets (safely and effectively)
If you’re interested in that CLICK HERE to apply to the challenge.
You can also reach out to me personally to learn more about the challenge and find out if it’s right for you.
I’ll leave you with this…
No matter your goal, the only way to get to the finish line is to start.