This soup is one of my all time favourites. It’s loaded with warming spices, (to keep you from catching a chill during the winter) freezes well, tastes incredible and comes from one of my favourite food blogs, Oh She Glows.
Make it tonight! I’m confident that it will become one of your favs as well.
Indian Lentil-Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils, rinsed and drained (I used green lentils)
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped into bite-size florets
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- chopped cilantro for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until translucent.
- Stir in the ginger, curry powder, coriander, and cumin and sauté for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the broth and lentils and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the cauliflower and sweet potato.
- Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the cauliflower and sweet potato are tender.
- Season with the salt and pepper, and add more curry powder if desired.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with cilantro, if desired.
This soup is a great recipe to double and freeze half for another use 😉
Be sure to check out Oh She Glows for more delicious, healthy and hearty recipes like this one! I also highly recommend that you pick up the Oh She Glows cookbook.
Your email address will not be shared or published. Required fields are marked *