Yes these are as good as they sound. Heck, they’re even better. These surprisingly easy to make pumpkin pie bars are high in protein, thanks to the added protein powder, making them the perfect post-workout or grab n’ go snack—if you’re feeling like something sweet.
Give them a go! You’ll be glad that you did. 😉
Pumpkin Pie Bars
Serves 4 large or 8 small
1/2c quick cooking oats
1c whole wheat flour
1/2c brown sugar, packed
1/2c cold butter, small cubed
2c 1% milk
1 1/2tsp cinnamon
2c canned pumpkin puree
5 scoops protein powder
3 whole eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine oats, flour and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the cubed butter tot he bowl and squeeze into the other ingredients using your hands until a coarse breadcrumb-like texture is achieved and everything is combined.
- Transfer ingredients into a 9 by 13 inch baking pan and press down. Place in oven and bake for 12 minutes.
In the meantime, bring milk to a boil with the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. As soon as it boils, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the pumpkin first and then the protein powder and eggs. If necessary, sweeten mixture to taste with sugar, honey or maple syrup.
- Once the base has finished baking, remove from the oven and pour the pumpkin filling on top.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until pumpkin filling has set. It should be a little firm to the touch.
- Cool, portion and store in the fridge or freezer, individually wrapped.
Your email address will not be shared or published. Required fields are marked *