My good friend Chelsea made this delicious coconut chicken skewer recipe for me and my family a few weeks ago and it was a massive hit. So I of course got the recipe. Full of flavour, this dish is incredibly easy to prepare and kid-friendly—making it the perfect year-round meal for the whole family.
I baked my skewers in the oven, but you could definitely BBQ or grill them on the stove-top if you’d prefer. This recipe can also be adapted to your taste palette, so feel free to take it up a spice notch by adding more curry powder.
PS – This recipe goes great with the Kale Caesar Salad recipe I shared last week 😉
Coconut Chicken Skewers
- Wooden skewers soaked in water for a few hours
- 4 Chicken Breasts sliced into strips
- 1/2 can large coconut milk or 1 small can. DO NOT buy light
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Slice chicken into 1.5 to 2 inch strips and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix all ingredients, except chicken.
- Add your sliced chicken to the marinade and marinate for 4 to 24 hours. The longer the better.
- Soak your bamboo skewers in water for a minimum of 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Remove your chicken skewers from the marinade and thread the meat onto your soaked skewers.
- Brush your skewers with the remaining marinade and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 20-minutes or until no longer pink inside, turning halfway through.
Serve with Kale Caesar Salad and a rice or quinoa dish