I’m a huge fan of one-dish meals. They’re typically simple to prepare, packed with nutritious ingredients, make enough for leftovers, and don’t dirty too many dishes. A rare treat when cooking for a family.
I made this super yummy and simple vegetarian bowl of goodness for lunch last week to go along with the cilantro hemp dressing recipe I shared a few weeks ago. I love making bowls like this for lunch, but they also make for a great dinner.
Feel free to swap out any of the veggies that I have listed in the recipe with whatever you have on hand, this recipe’s super adaptable. 😉
Simple Vegetarian Bowl of Goodness
Serves 2-4 people
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 yams, cut into 1″ cubes *Wash well but leave the skins on – they’re packed with vitamins!
1 package of extra firm tofu, cut into 1″ cubes *You could also use leftover chicken, buy organic if you can
1 teaspoon of sea salt or herbamare
4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1 head of broccoli (or cauliflower)
1 cup of shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1-2 avocados, cubed
Cilantro hemp dressing, click here for the recipe! *This will make enough to have on-hand for the entire week. You can half the recipe if you like
- Line a large baking sheet (or 2 small ones) with parchment paper.
- Scoop the coconut oil on to the baking sheet and while the oven is preheating, place the sheet in the oven until the coconut oil melts.
- Once melted add the tofu, yams, nutritional yeast and sea salt. Roast for 35-45 mins or until yams are tender.
- While the yams and tofu are roasting, steam the broccoli until tender, making sure that it’s still a little firm and bright green.
- Sauté the mushroom in sesame oil until they soften. Set aside.
- Once the yams and tofu are cooked, in a bowl add 1/4 of all veggies and 1/2 and avocado and drizzle with the hemp cilantro dip.
- Serve and Enjoy!