The REVERSE LUNGE TO BALANCE is a great progression from a regular lunge. However before you progress to this lunge pattern, please make sure you are performing the basics well first.
To help you nail them down, check out my post on how to lunge properly and learn how to achieve the best lunge form possible.
With that, I present to you…
THE REVERSE LUNGE TO BALANCE!
Why we like it:
- It forces you to keep the weight in your front foot
- It helps to improve single leg balance
- It helps build core and hip stability; especially gluteal recruitment (translation: it’s a good butt exercise 😉 )
- It’s a progression from the regular lunge that requires no additional equipment
Recommended sets & reps:
- Lunge patterns can be completed safely 2-3x per week depending on your current level of fitness and training volume.
Don’t have your balance down pat quite yet? No worries! You can tap your foot at any point for balance, or just complete a regular REVERSE LUNGE or REVERSE SLIDE LUNGE.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to bring them to my attention.
Become a BIM Member
If you are not currently a member of Balance in Motion and would like to learn more about us and how we can help you Go Beyond Better please sign up below.
Your email address will not be shared or published. Required fields are marked *