As a mother I am always on the hunt for nutritious snack recipes for my boys. My older son is always hungry, (he literally never stops eating) so I typically look for recipes that I know will satisfy his growing appetite. A couple of days ago while surfing the web I came across a paleo recipe for Apple Cinnamon Muffins from Wellness Mama. The nice thing about paleo recipes is that they’re usually high in protein, low in sugar (or completely sugar free) and full of nutrients. Basically the perfect choice for growing boys.
With recipe in hand I headed to my kitchen to prepare my muffins; which turned out to be a massive hit with my boys. Code for: they didn’t last long. In fact, my boys enjoyed the muffins so much that they requested them when my amazing mom was looking after them the other day. If you don’t have the apple sauce that the recipe calls for, you can sub in banana; which is what my mom did when she baked a batch.
Give them a try, and let me know what you think! If you’ve never tried grain-free muffins, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how delicious they are
Here’s to happy and healthy eating!
Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup homemade applesauce (store bought should work too)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2-3 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 T honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Put all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix with immersion blender or whisk until well mixed.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Use ⅓ cup measure to spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until starting to brown and not soft when lightly touched on the top.
- Let cool 2 minutes, drizzle with honey (if desired) and serve.
Source: Wellness Mama
Your email address will not be shared or published. Required fields are marked *